Thursday 29 January 2009

Flexible Roads


Saw a great tutorial to make flexible rubber roads the other day and thought I would like to give it a go.

Check this link out- How to make flexible roads


I used dish cloths as my backing fabric (you can see the reverse of one in the photo), and Cerafix Decorators Caulk (Brown) from B&Q. 10 dish cloths for 30p in Asda and the Caulk was £1.89 for a large cartridge (too large to fit my standard size cartridge gun). Not sure how much 1 cartirdge will make- so far Ive done 4 1/2 foot of road and only used about a 1/5 of the tube.


The cool thing is if they get bent or warped you can iron it (reverse side obviously, otherwise your Mrs might murder you). They really are very flexible and seem pretty robust. Equivalent flexible roads will cost you around £30 for 6ft or so.



Also notice my now fully painted and based Sherman in the photo- still waiting for the bloody decals from Minfigs, hence why I haven't matt varnished the gloss varnish coat, who still haven't posted out my order 9 days after making it. Not happy with that to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment